Friday, August 17, 2007

First week of school...



Wow!! How time does fly! I mean, if there is one piece of wisdom I've heard from countless mothers it is to "enjoy them while they are young because it goes by so fast!" Now I see this bit of wisdom play out in one of a mother's hardest days known as "First Day of Kindergarten."




Jack is so big - and smart - and big - and yet so little at the same time. I see him walk up the sidewalk with all the big kids and can't help but see him in those kid's shoes in too short of time. I just want to soak it up...every minute of it.




Thank you God for such an amazing 5 years with Jack! It is hard to believe that the day You gave him to us, and he was wrapped like a little cute burrito in our arms, that someday we would walk him up that walkway to Kindergarten. We can't wait for the next 12 years and beyond!




And, Jack, thanks for being our little hero, miracle, smile, and joy. We love you so much it hurts...be good Bubba.




1 comment:

Jessi Louise said...

Tomorrow my oldest goes to his first day of kindergarten. You're right it makes you think about how quickly time will go by. I've enjoyed reading your blog!