Monday, March 24, 2008

Santa Fe Excursion



Last weekend, I had the fortunate privilege to hit the road with my sisters in on-the-road ministry. We journeyed the 5 hours to Santa Fe, NM where we luxuriated (is that a word?) at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. It was an awesome time of laughter, fun, relaxation and car troubles. I haven't been able to find the words to describe the entire weekend - just snippets. Here are those snippets:

1. It's really funny to tell your female roommate that you are willing to spoon with them :)
2. Enterprise Rent-a-Car's, Chad, is a now a broken man.
3. It is possible to have too many Joia Farmer's in the world.
4. It is ENTIRELY possible that out of the four of us women - I would be the one to get the man to massage me at the spa.
5. A bath is better with a fruit plate.
6. The largest turquoise nugget is less than impressive.
7. When you tell someone you are going to a TAPAS restaurant - make sure you emphasize the fact that there are no L's in that word.
8. There is nothing more fun that to go the Georgia O'Keefe museum with a bunch of giggling women.
9. Guacamole is better made table-side.
10. Journaling SOUNDS fun.
11. A miraculous staircase is also very magical.
12. A surprise bridal shower at the Olive Garden lunch rush is WAY more fun with tiaras and a large sprinkling of purple heart-shaped glitter.
13. There is nothing like starting the trip dressed to the nines and ending it in a junkyard.

See my friend Anne Marie's posts... one of the funniest people I know (who I also did spoon with)...She's got one of the best (and most entertaining) blogs around.

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

ok...I want your blue shoes...